Thetford Athletic Club member ready for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Clare Slattery will be taking on the 26 miles challenge to raise money for both Dementia UK and Prostate Cancer UK.
Mrs Slattery, who has worked at Co-operative Travel in Thetford for nine years, has been training three times a week to be in peak fitness for the event.
She gained a place in the famous event through the athletic club’s ballot.
Accomplished at half marathons, this will be Mrs Slattery’s first time running a full marathon.
She said she is looking forward to the event and raising money for two charities close to her heart.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This is a huge challenge for me, I have never run over 14 miles in distance and would really like to give London a go and tick it off my bucket list.”
Visit Clare’s sponsorship page.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11