Thetford Athletic Club member ready for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Clare Slattery will be taking on the 26 miles challenge to raise money for both Dementia UK and Prostate Cancer UK.
Mrs Slattery, who has worked at Co-operative Travel in Thetford for nine years, has been training three times a week to be in peak fitness for the event.
She gained a place in the famous event through the athletic club’s ballot.
Accomplished at half marathons, this will be Mrs Slattery’s first time running a full marathon.
She said she is looking forward to the event and raising money for two charities close to her heart.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This is a huge challenge for me, I have never run over 14 miles in distance and would really like to give London a go and tick it off my bucket list.”
Visit Clare’s sponsorship page.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 3 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 6 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 9 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 10 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners