Thetford Athletic Club member ready for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Clare Slattery will be taking on the 26 miles challenge to raise money for both Dementia UK and Prostate Cancer UK.
Mrs Slattery, who has worked at Co-operative Travel in Thetford for nine years, has been training three times a week to be in peak fitness for the event.
She gained a place in the famous event through the athletic club’s ballot.
Accomplished at half marathons, this will be Mrs Slattery’s first time running a full marathon.
She said she is looking forward to the event and raising money for two charities close to her heart.
She said: “This is a huge challenge for me, I have never run over 14 miles in distance and would really like to give London a go and tick it off my bucket list.”
Visit Clare’s sponsorship page.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 7 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end