Thetford Athletic Club member ready for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Clare Slattery will be taking on the 26 miles challenge to raise money for both Dementia UK and Prostate Cancer UK.
Mrs Slattery, who has worked at Co-operative Travel in Thetford for nine years, has been training three times a week to be in peak fitness for the event.
She gained a place in the famous event through the athletic club’s ballot.
Accomplished at half marathons, this will be Mrs Slattery’s first time running a full marathon.
She said she is looking forward to the event and raising money for two charities close to her heart.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This is a huge challenge for me, I have never run over 14 miles in distance and would really like to give London a go and tick it off my bucket list.”
Visit Clare’s sponsorship page.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes