Thetford Athletic Club member ready for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Clare Slattery will be taking on the 26 miles challenge to raise money for both Dementia UK and Prostate Cancer UK.
Mrs Slattery, who has worked at Co-operative Travel in Thetford for nine years, has been training three times a week to be in peak fitness for the event.
She gained a place in the famous event through the athletic club’s ballot.
Accomplished at half marathons, this will be Mrs Slattery’s first time running a full marathon.
She said she is looking forward to the event and raising money for two charities close to her heart.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This is a huge challenge for me, I have never run over 14 miles in distance and would really like to give London a go and tick it off my bucket list.”
Visit Clare’s sponsorship page.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 5 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success