Thetford litter pick event cancelled due to weather
- Credit: Archant
A litter pick event due to take place in Thetford has been cancelled due to the weather.
Residents were invited to help clear rubbish and fly-tipped items from Barnham Cross Common tomorrow.
The popular Site of Special Scientific Interest has grazing animals which have eaten back vegetation and exposed rubbish.
The event was organised by Breckland Council and the town council to take place between 9.30am and 11.30am.
However due to the snowy weather courtesy of the Beast from the East, the event has been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Sheep and cows were put on the common to graze last year as part of a 10-year conservation project to promote native plant species.
Many endangered plants can be found on the site, including perennial Knawel and tower mustard, and more than 60 bird species.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on