Thetford litter pick event cancelled due to weather
- Credit: Archant
A litter pick event due to take place in Thetford has been cancelled due to the weather.
Residents were invited to help clear rubbish and fly-tipped items from Barnham Cross Common tomorrow.
The popular Site of Special Scientific Interest has grazing animals which have eaten back vegetation and exposed rubbish.
The event was organised by Breckland Council and the town council to take place between 9.30am and 11.30am.
However due to the snowy weather courtesy of the Beast from the East, the event has been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
Sheep and cows were put on the common to graze last year as part of a 10-year conservation project to promote native plant species.
Many endangered plants can be found on the site, including perennial Knawel and tower mustard, and more than 60 bird species.
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances