KT is OK in this show
ON a cloudy evening in the scenic surroundings of Thetford Forest, the sound of a one-woman blues stomp began.KT Tunstall took over the baton from The Zutons, who performed on Thursday, to entertain crowds on Friday night as part of the forest's summer concert schedule.
ON a cloudy evening in the scenic surroundings of Thetford Forest, the sound of a one-woman blues stomp began.
KT Tunstall took over the baton from The Zutons, who performed on Thursday, to entertain crowds on Friday night as part of the forest's summer concert schedule.
The 31-year-old avid environmentalist clearly enjoyed herself at High Lodge - and if pursuing her commitment to green issues was not enough of a reason to be there, her fiancé band member was playing in his home county.
Thumping pop songs bellowed across crowds of more than 5,000 fans who lapped up the show and refused to let their spirits - or their feet- be too dampened by the rain which had fallen earlier in the day.
Suddenly I See and Other Side Of The World, from her debut album Eye To The Telescope, sat alongside Hold On and other favorites from last year's Drastic Fantastic.
Just back from a gruelling tour of America, the singer, who planted a forest of 6,000 trees in her home country of Scotland to mark the launch of her first album, was fizzing with energy and had clearly honed her live set - even starting the new phenomenon of the Norfolk Forest Body Pop.
- 1 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 2 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 3 19th century buildings could return to original use as homes
- 4 Powerhouses showcase their strength in new competition
- 5 Cable underneath Thetford could power 5,000-home development
- 6 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 7 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 10 How to deal with probate when someone dies without a will
Supporting act Tom Baxter made a sterling effort to warm the crowds.