Kind Katharine has hair cut for charity
Young Katharine Mold took it all in her stride when she decided to have her waist-length hair chopped off for those less fortunate than her.
The nine-year-old took the grown-up decision after seeing it on breakfast television programme Daybreak, and said she knew friends in America who had done the same thing.
Just to be on the safe side, her mother, Natasha Mold, 46, gave the youngster two months to change her mind before taking her to the hairdresser.
Katharine, who lives with her mother, father Jason and brother Oliver, 12, on Brandon road, Thetford, and attends Redcastle Family School on St Martin’s Way, said she was not nervous and liked her new, shorter style.
The hair has been donated to the Little Princess Trust, which helps children who suffer hair loss due to cancer treatment. Katharine also raised �106, and the charity sent a certificate recognising her achievements. S
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Mold said she was proud of her daughter and added: “It was all her idea and such a nice thing for somebody so young to do - she was excited when the day came and I think I was more nervous than her.
“It’s good to raise awareness of the charity and I just wanted to thank everybody that supported her.”
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent
The haircut was carried out by Discover Hair on White Hart Street, Thetford, which donated the price of the chop to the charity.