Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A village post office is set to officially reopen, after severe flooding forced it to close for repairs.
Kenninghall Post Office will soon return this month nearly four months after flooding devastated the village - also leaving around 30 houses badly affected.
With the shop and post office out of action, a mobile post office was set up in January to help restore services.
Repair works will be complete later this month and the store will officially reopen on April 30.
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office network provision lead, said: “We are delighted to soon be restoring a full time Post Office to Kenninghall.
“We have been supporting the Postmaster for Kenninghall to re-open the branch as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank the Postmaster for Stanton for providing a Mobile Post Office to the community in the interim.”
The opening hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8.30am to 5.30pm and Wednesday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond