Keane confirmed for Thetford Forest
One of Britain's favourite bands was this week confirmed as the latest addition to Thetford Forest's summer concert line-up.
ONE of Britain's favourite bands was this week confirmed as the latest addition to Thetford Forest's summer concert line-up.
Keane will be performing at six forest locations in June, including the first leg of their Forestry Commission tour at High Lodge visitor centre, near Brandon, on Thursday June 10.
The three-piece band has sold more than 10 million albums with three consecutive chart toppers, including Hopes and Fears in 2004, Under the Iron Sea in 2006, and Perfect Symmetry in 2008.
Their collection of hits include Everybody's Changing, Is It Any Wonder?, Crystal Ball, Somewhere Only We Know and Spiralling and they have won a string of Brit, Grammy's and Ivor Novello awards.
Simply Red has already been confirmed as an act to play at High Lodge on Friday, June 11 and four more live performers will be announced in the coming months.
Money generated by Forestry Commission live music ticket sales is spent directly on the nation's woodlands, benefitting everything from butterflies to mountain bikers.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
Tickets for the Keane concert at Thetford Forest will go on sale at 9am on Friday and will cost �32, subject to booking fee, from the ticket hotline on 01842 814612 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music and www.keanemusic.com.