Jones’s van to star in new series celebrating Dad’s Army
- Credit: Steve Adams
The butcher’s van from Dad’s Army will star alongside Alexander Armstrong in a new series celebrating one of the nation’s favourite comedy series.
Corporal Jones’s van, an exhibit at the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford, will feature in the four-part series called Saluting Dad’s Army.
Presented by actor Alexander Armstrong, the series will cover the history of the BBC series - celebrating its 50th year - using archive footage and newly captured interviews.
Stuart Wright, chairman of the Dad’s Army Museum, said: “Alexander Armstrong came down and filmed with the van in July. They were keen to have the van featured. They invited a number of people to the Guildhall that were related to the programme.
“It was good to have Alexander here and he was quite impressed with the [Captain Mainwaring] statue.”
You may also want to watch:
It will air on Gold later this year.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?