Jones’s van to star in new series celebrating Dad’s Army
- Credit: Steve Adams
The butcher’s van from Dad’s Army will star alongside Alexander Armstrong in a new series celebrating one of the nation’s favourite comedy series.
Corporal Jones’s van, an exhibit at the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford, will feature in the four-part series called Saluting Dad’s Army.
Presented by actor Alexander Armstrong, the series will cover the history of the BBC series - celebrating its 50th year - using archive footage and newly captured interviews.
Stuart Wright, chairman of the Dad’s Army Museum, said: “Alexander Armstrong came down and filmed with the van in July. They were keen to have the van featured. They invited a number of people to the Guildhall that were related to the programme.
“It was good to have Alexander here and he was quite impressed with the [Captain Mainwaring] statue.”
You may also want to watch:
It will air on Gold later this year.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park