Jeyes cleans up at awards ceremony
Thetford-based Jeyes has beaten stiff competition to be named the UK's Household and Personal Care Own Label Supplier of the Year.The company, whose popular branded products include Parozone, Bloo and Jeyes Fluid, was selected in a survey by The Grocer, the grocery industry's leading publication.
Thetford-based Jeyes has beaten stiff competition to be named the UK's Household and Personal Care Own Label Supplier of the Year.
The company, whose popular branded products include Parozone, Bloo and Jeyes Fluid, was selected in a survey by The Grocer, the grocery industry's leading publication.
The Own Label Suppliers Survey is voted for by buyers for the UK's top wholesale and retail businesses, recognising quality and outstanding products. Jeyes impressed buyers by regularly bringing forward new ideas for private (own) label products
Private label suppliers produce products for large retailers and wholesalers to then sell under their own brand name. Nearly half of all sales in some supermarkets are private label products, with some popular retailers choosing only to sell products under their own brand name such as Marks & Spencer.
John Adams, UK managing director for Jeyes, said: “We are delighted to win this award but most importantly, it is great to see that our strategy of investing in new product development and quality is delivering real benefits to the consumers.
“Jeyes' strategy is to develop both its own brand and private label categories in the household market. Private label business currently represents approximately 50pc of Jeyes' total group turnover and so we're thrilled to be recognised for our innovation and success which stems from the hard work and commitment of everybody involved in the business.”
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
All winners from the 13 categories in the survey will go through to The Grocer's Gold Awards later in the year where they will compete to be named UK's Best Own Label Supplier.