Jazzercise workout raises more than £4,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £4,000 has been raised by a team of jazzercisers at a three hour workout.
About 100 people came together at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, to raise funds for the cancer prevention charity Skcin.
Organiser and jazzercise instructor, Sarah Kirk, thought of the event to raise funds after her father died in May 2016 of skin cancer.
The Skcin team was at the fitness day and conducted tests on the ages of people's skin using a UV machine and an iPhone app. Through sponsorships £4,500 was raised.
Ms Kirk said: "I became ambassador for charity Skcin and also a jazzercise instructor in my spare time and wanted to involve my colleagues and customers in a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
"I am amazed and thankful that we have almost reached our target of £5,000, it's been an amazing experience.
"One in 54 people are diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime yet 86pc of all skin cancer cases are preventable."
- 1 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales