Jazzercise workout raises more than £4,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £4,000 has been raised by a team of jazzercisers at a three hour workout.
About 100 people came together at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, to raise funds for the cancer prevention charity Skcin.
Organiser and jazzercise instructor, Sarah Kirk, thought of the event to raise funds after her father died in May 2016 of skin cancer.
The Skcin team was at the fitness day and conducted tests on the ages of people's skin using a UV machine and an iPhone app. Through sponsorships £4,500 was raised.
Ms Kirk said: "I became ambassador for charity Skcin and also a jazzercise instructor in my spare time and wanted to involve my colleagues and customers in a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
"I am amazed and thankful that we have almost reached our target of £5,000, it's been an amazing experience.
"One in 54 people are diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime yet 86pc of all skin cancer cases are preventable."
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted