Jazzercise workout raises more than £4,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £4,000 has been raised by a team of jazzercisers at a three hour workout.
About 100 people came together at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, to raise funds for the cancer prevention charity Skcin.
Organiser and jazzercise instructor, Sarah Kirk, thought of the event to raise funds after her father died in May 2016 of skin cancer.
The Skcin team was at the fitness day and conducted tests on the ages of people's skin using a UV machine and an iPhone app. Through sponsorships £4,500 was raised.
Ms Kirk said: "I became ambassador for charity Skcin and also a jazzercise instructor in my spare time and wanted to involve my colleagues and customers in a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
"I am amazed and thankful that we have almost reached our target of £5,000, it's been an amazing experience.
"One in 54 people are diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime yet 86pc of all skin cancer cases are preventable."
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11