Jazzercise workout raises more than £4,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
More than £4,000 has been raised by a team of jazzercisers at a three hour workout.
About 100 people came together at the Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, to raise funds for the cancer prevention charity Skcin.
Organiser and jazzercise instructor, Sarah Kirk, thought of the event to raise funds after her father died in May 2016 of skin cancer.
The Skcin team was at the fitness day and conducted tests on the ages of people's skin using a UV machine and an iPhone app. Through sponsorships £4,500 was raised.
Ms Kirk said: "I became ambassador for charity Skcin and also a jazzercise instructor in my spare time and wanted to involve my colleagues and customers in a fundraising project.
You may also want to watch:
"I am amazed and thankful that we have almost reached our target of £5,000, it's been an amazing experience.
"One in 54 people are diagnosed with melanoma during their lifetime yet 86pc of all skin cancer cases are preventable."
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees