Runner becomes youngest to complete 100 Parkruns
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old has become the youngest runner to complete 100 park runs in a community group.
Jake Palfrey started running at the Thetford Parkrun in 2014 with a finishing time of 25 minutes.
Over the years he has been able to reduce his time to 22 minutes across the 5km distance.
The Thetford Academy student said: "I started running because I wanted to get more active and have a hobby I could do with my Dad.
"I enjoy the sense of achievement when finishing a Parkrun but also the atmosphere which the runs bring, the cheers keep me going.
You may also want to watch:
"I keep myself motivated by thinking of the finish line and not quitting. Because we do it as a family it's more fun and a bit of family competition helps."
Runners meet every Saturday at 9am in Abbey Meadows before setting off.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 3 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital