Runner becomes youngest to complete 100 Parkruns
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old has become the youngest runner to complete 100 park runs in a community group.
Jake Palfrey started running at the Thetford Parkrun in 2014 with a finishing time of 25 minutes.
Over the years he has been able to reduce his time to 22 minutes across the 5km distance.
The Thetford Academy student said: "I started running because I wanted to get more active and have a hobby I could do with my Dad.
"I enjoy the sense of achievement when finishing a Parkrun but also the atmosphere which the runs bring, the cheers keep me going.
You may also want to watch:
"I keep myself motivated by thinking of the finish line and not quitting. Because we do it as a family it's more fun and a bit of family competition helps."
Runners meet every Saturday at 9am in Abbey Meadows before setting off.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 4 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 5 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 6 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 10 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s