Runner becomes youngest to complete 100 Parkruns
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old has become the youngest runner to complete 100 park runs in a community group.
Jake Palfrey started running at the Thetford Parkrun in 2014 with a finishing time of 25 minutes.
Over the years he has been able to reduce his time to 22 minutes across the 5km distance.
The Thetford Academy student said: "I started running because I wanted to get more active and have a hobby I could do with my Dad.
"I enjoy the sense of achievement when finishing a Parkrun but also the atmosphere which the runs bring, the cheers keep me going.
You may also want to watch:
"I keep myself motivated by thinking of the finish line and not quitting. Because we do it as a family it's more fun and a bit of family competition helps."
Runners meet every Saturday at 9am in Abbey Meadows before setting off.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'