Jailed sex offender on the run
Ian Clarke Police are hunting for a sex offender on the run from Norfolk and thought to be heading for Eastern Europe in a hired van loaded with furniture.Christopher Brown, 58, was convicted in his absence after a trial last week and sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Police are hunting for a sex offender on the run from Norfolk and thought to be heading for Eastern Europe in a hired van loaded with furniture.
Christopher Brown, 58, was convicted in his absence after a trial last week and sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Brown originates from the Methwold and Stoke Ferry area near Thetford and the offences occurred during the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police are heading the search for Brown and liaising with Interpol and investigations have established he is abroad and possibly heading towards Eastern Europe.
Before departing for Europe he hired a vehicle on January 9 and loaded it with furniture.
- 1 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 8 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
DC Hayley Gleave, from the Norfolk Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit, said: “We know from our enquiries that he left the UK for mainland Europe.
“I'd like to point out that we don't believe he poses a threat to members of the public. However, people should not approach him but should contact police immediately.
“We know that Mr Brown works as a courier, so we are appealing for help from people he may have met through his job. He may have mentioned to them his future plans to travel and live abroad.
“If you recognise this individual and have had a recent encounter with him or seen him, then please get in touch with us and let us know.”
Anyone who has knowledge of his whereabouts or information that could assist in locating him should contact Det Con Hayley Gleave at Swaffham Police Station on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.