International competition success for Thetford’s Urban Street Dance Crew
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford dance group are celebrating after one of its members won an international dancing competition.
Three teams from Urban Street Dance Crew competed in the UDO World Street Dance Championships, held in Glasgow, in addition to a number of solo dancers. Isaac Pinto, 12, was crowned winner in his solo for the under-14 category.
Tori Conroy,11, reached the semi-finals of in the under-12 category and duo Jessica Spiller,19, and Bri Mcgahee,18, also reached the smei-finals.
The under-10 team RASKOOLZ performed in the finals and placed 11th of 28 teams.
The competition attracts competitors from around the world and this was the fifth time of qualifying for the dance group.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine Brand, a parent supporter of the dance group, said: “We are very proud of each and every dancer who attended the event. Hard work certainly pays off.”
Urban Street Dance Crew is run by Shirley Conroy and is held in the arts centre next to The Bishop’s Primary School.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
More information can be found at Urban Street Dance Crew on Facebook.