International competition success for Thetford’s Urban Street Dance Crew
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford dance group are celebrating after one of its members won an international dancing competition.
Three teams from Urban Street Dance Crew competed in the UDO World Street Dance Championships, held in Glasgow, in addition to a number of solo dancers. Isaac Pinto, 12, was crowned winner in his solo for the under-14 category.
Tori Conroy,11, reached the semi-finals of in the under-12 category and duo Jessica Spiller,19, and Bri Mcgahee,18, also reached the smei-finals.
The under-10 team RASKOOLZ performed in the finals and placed 11th of 28 teams.
The competition attracts competitors from around the world and this was the fifth time of qualifying for the dance group.
You may also want to watch:
Lorraine Brand, a parent supporter of the dance group, said: “We are very proud of each and every dancer who attended the event. Hard work certainly pays off.”
Urban Street Dance Crew is run by Shirley Conroy and is held in the arts centre next to The Bishop’s Primary School.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
More information can be found at Urban Street Dance Crew on Facebook.