Inspirational Merle Boddy Day Care Centre worker’s talk to Lions club
- Credit: Archant
A day care centre worker spoke to a Lions club about the work the centre does for people with mental health problems, including dementia.
Georgie Bell, from the Merle Boddy Day Care Centre, gave an inspirational talk to Swaffham Lions.
She revealed how the centre engages with clients to give them the best care whilst giving their carers respite. It has up to 15 clients at any one time.
The second part of the presentation was interactive, with the Lions members split into two groups singing two different songs at the same time - which demonstrated how a confused mind works.
She also had a game which involved picking up balls with litter-picking tongs and putting them in a bucket whilst wearing special cloudy spectacles.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions will be donating £500 in the near future and will be looking at more funding in the coming months.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees