Inspirational Merle Boddy Day Care Centre worker’s talk to Lions club
- Credit: Archant
A day care centre worker spoke to a Lions club about the work the centre does for people with mental health problems, including dementia.
Georgie Bell, from the Merle Boddy Day Care Centre, gave an inspirational talk to Swaffham Lions.
She revealed how the centre engages with clients to give them the best care whilst giving their carers respite. It has up to 15 clients at any one time.
The second part of the presentation was interactive, with the Lions members split into two groups singing two different songs at the same time - which demonstrated how a confused mind works.
She also had a game which involved picking up balls with litter-picking tongs and putting them in a bucket whilst wearing special cloudy spectacles.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions will be donating £500 in the near future and will be looking at more funding in the coming months.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England