Inspirational Merle Boddy Day Care Centre worker’s talk to Lions club
- Credit: Archant
A day care centre worker spoke to a Lions club about the work the centre does for people with mental health problems, including dementia.
Georgie Bell, from the Merle Boddy Day Care Centre, gave an inspirational talk to Swaffham Lions.
She revealed how the centre engages with clients to give them the best care whilst giving their carers respite. It has up to 15 clients at any one time.
The second part of the presentation was interactive, with the Lions members split into two groups singing two different songs at the same time - which demonstrated how a confused mind works.
She also had a game which involved picking up balls with litter-picking tongs and putting them in a bucket whilst wearing special cloudy spectacles.
You may also want to watch:
The Lions will be donating £500 in the near future and will be looking at more funding in the coming months.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 3 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 4 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 5 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 6 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 9 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone