Town’s secondary school celebrates ‘good’ Ofsted
- Credit: Inspiration Trust
A town’s secondary school is celebrating after receiving a ‘good’ rating which reported that pupils “feel valued and cared for”.
Thetford Academy, under the Inspiration Trust, was rated as good for the second time since 2014 after an Ofsted inspection took place on March 4 and 5 of this year.
The quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development, leadership and management and previous inspection grade all received a good rating.
But sixth-form provision was rated as requiring improvement.
The report said that the school had “a curriculum that ensures pupils deepen their thinking” and teachers made sure “pupils are not left behind”.
It states: “Pupils are happy and enjoy their time at The Thetford Academy. Pupils take part in many clubs and programmes, such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme. Pupils appreciate being able to learn a musical instrument.”
It was also revealed that its year 11 maths, science and modern foreign languages progress was in the top 20pc of schools nationally last year.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 3 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 4 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 5 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 6 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 7 'People won't be able to afford to eat' - Locals warn Truss on living costs
- 8 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 9 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Dan Carter, principal of Thetford Academy, said: “I’m very proud of our team at Thetford Academy. We’ve worked hard together to raise standards and expectations, and this report is a fair reflection of that.
“We are truly committed to ensuring that Thetford has a school it can trust and be proud of. This report shows that our community can have full confidence in the quality of education that we provide.”
The Thetford Academy has also been working hard to improve behaviour and the positive results were outlined within the report.
Ofsted said the “sharp focus on getting behaviour right” and “high expectations are clear” and that “pupils aspire to meet these because they want to do well”.
Mr Carter added: “This inspection was very thorough and rigorous, and on that basis I’m very pleased that we have maintained our good grading.
“I’m pleased that Ofsted recognised how well behaved, polite and hardworking our pupils are. We will be considering Ofsted’s advice to make sure The Thetford Academy is even better when they next inspect us.
“We have exciting plans for our sixth-form and we’ll be factoring in Ofsted’s advice as we move forward with these.”