Illegal riders will have bikes crushed
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdownon the use of mini-motos, quadbikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.
The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdown
on the use of mini-motos, quad
bikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police has seen an increase in the use of the bikes in the areas of Joe Blunts Lane, the Abbey Estate and the Barnham Cross Estate.
Officers have already issued 18 warnings to riders who have been causing nuisance and distress to the public over the last few months, and have pledged to take stronger action where appropriate.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
Anyone with information about illegal bikers is asked to contact Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.