Illegal riders will have bikes crushed
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdownon the use of mini-motos, quadbikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.
The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdown
on the use of mini-motos, quad
bikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police has seen an increase in the use of the bikes in the areas of Joe Blunts Lane, the Abbey Estate and the Barnham Cross Estate.
Officers have already issued 18 warnings to riders who have been causing nuisance and distress to the public over the last few months, and have pledged to take stronger action where appropriate.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
Anyone with information about illegal bikers is asked to contact Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.