Illegal riders will have bikes crushed
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdownon the use of mini-motos, quadbikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
Illegal bikers have been warned they will have their vehicles confiscated and crushed if they continue to cause a nuisance in Thetford.
The town's Safer Neighbourhood Team has launched a crackdown
on the use of mini-motos, quad
bikes and motorbikes, following complaints from the public.
Norfolk police has seen an increase in the use of the bikes in the areas of Joe Blunts Lane, the Abbey Estate and the Barnham Cross Estate.
Officers have already issued 18 warnings to riders who have been causing nuisance and distress to the public over the last few months, and have pledged to take stronger action where appropriate.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
Anyone with information about illegal bikers is asked to contact Thetford police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.