Ideas for how to spend the perfect Valentine’s Day in South Norfolk
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Next week is Valentine’s Day – and if you’re looking for romantic ways to spend the occasion this year, South Norfolk provides the perfect backdrop.
But just in case you are short of ideas, here are some suggestions of things to do:
? Go Ape – there can perhaps be no better way of proving your trust for someone than leaping into the air from a 59ft platform at the Thetford Forest attraction. And to encourage those who might be a little nervous, there is a 20pc off offer during Valentine’s Day.
? Walk through Thetford Forest – it’s the perfect spot for a picturesque stroll through some of Norfolk’s most beautiful countryside.
? Dunston Hall – the Grade II Listed Building is a grand location for a perfect getaway. And the facility offers spa breaks as well.
? Center Parcs – even if you live nearby Center Parcs is a great place to get away from it all, either to relax or try a range of family activities.
? Diss Mere – the stunning Diss Mere is an amazing place to sit and relax and maybe even enjoy some fish and chips from the nearby Diss Fish Kitchen.
- 1 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 4 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
? Wymondham Abbey – the 500-year-old attraction is an amazing, historic place to visit and explore.
? Snetterton race track – for those who prefer a bit more of an adrenalin rush, you can go for a spin at the famous circuit at test days during Valentine’s week. However, you do need to be a Motor Sports Association licence holder.
? Dogs Trust Snetterton – for those who love cute animals, why not take a look around the dog rehoming centre? Those looking to please animal fans may even find one of the canines is the perfect Valentine’s gift…
? Banham Zoo – another one for animal lovers, you can see a wide range of creatures at the centre including monkeys, lemurs, cheetahs and lions.
? Meal out - from the Breckland Lodge at Attleborough to the Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford and countless places in between, there are any number of plsaces to enjoy a romantic meal in South Norfolk.
? Peter Beales Roses – with Valentine’s Day falling on a weekday this year, you may not have time for a day out. If so, Peter Beales Roses in Attleborough could provide the perfect way for couples to say: “I love you.”