West Norfolk school pupils’ Mandarin experience
- Credit: Archant
Students at the Iceni Academy in Methwod have had the opportunity to start a new school year by studying a new subject.
Through the school’s partnership with the Norwich Centre of Excellence based at Norwich School, which is a centre for the Swire Chinese Language Centre, students have been able to study Mandarin.
Students across the school have been invited to book the sessions at the school.
Trips to China are planned for years two, four and six of the project.
“This is a very exciting opportunity for the young people of west Norfolk” said principal Stephen Plume. “Not only will they get all of the cultural enrichment that goes with a new language, they will also get the chance to study for a Chinese GCSE.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Although we are proud of our academic performance over the past four years, we are so much more than an exam factory.
“We hope that this exciting long-term project provides something interesting and unique for the students in west Norfolk.”
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school