Ibiza cycle in aid of Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital
A lifeguard is set for a holiday with a difference when she cycles around the rugged terrain of Ibiza in the name of charity.
Jemma Davies, 27, is hoping to raise �1,000 for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in London when she cycles the coastline of the Mediterranean island.
Ms Davies, who will take two days to complete the challenge as part of a fundraising appeal called HAIRraising, set up by hairdresser John Frieda, will donate the money towards two new operating theatres at the hospital.
A lifeguard at Center Parcs, Elveden, Ms Davies, from Anne Bartholomew Road in Thetford, said: “I like cycling anyway and though if I got training I could do it. “I’ve been to Ibiza before and I know how hot it can get there and it’s definitely a challenge but I’ve been getting on the bike most days so I’m looking forward to it.”
The first day, on May 5, will see the cyclists head south, before turning west towards San Antonia, while the next day they will travel in the opposite direction and cycle along the northern coastline.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Jemma visit www.justgiving.com/Jemsibizachallenge
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change