Ibiza cycle in aid of Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital
A lifeguard is set for a holiday with a difference when she cycles around the rugged terrain of Ibiza in the name of charity.
Jemma Davies, 27, is hoping to raise �1,000 for Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in London when she cycles the coastline of the Mediterranean island.
Ms Davies, who will take two days to complete the challenge as part of a fundraising appeal called HAIRraising, set up by hairdresser John Frieda, will donate the money towards two new operating theatres at the hospital.
A lifeguard at Center Parcs, Elveden, Ms Davies, from Anne Bartholomew Road in Thetford, said: “I like cycling anyway and though if I got training I could do it. “I’ve been to Ibiza before and I know how hot it can get there and it’s definitely a challenge but I’ve been getting on the bike most days so I’m looking forward to it.”
The first day, on May 5, will see the cyclists head south, before turning west towards San Antonia, while the next day they will travel in the opposite direction and cycle along the northern coastline.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Jemma visit www.justgiving.com/Jemsibizachallenge
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier