Spectacular pictures show husky racing championship in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
It's not your usual sporting event that would be found in the Norfolk countryside.
But a snowy weekend in Thetford saw husky dog owners from around the country taking part in a British Champion race, hosted jointly, by the British Siberian Husky Racing Association (BSHRA) and the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain (SHCGB) at Thetford Forest.
Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough snow fall to use sleds, so they were replaced by specialist three-wheeled rigs.
Depending on which classification a husky has, the race trails can range from two to six miles.
The races conclude today, February 3.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award