Huge new development close to A11
Ian Clarke About 100 new jobs could be created after plans were approved for a major new development at a key gateway into Norfolk.A new petrol filling station, fast food restaurant, car rental outlet, hotel and four motor showrooms are lined up at the Fiveways site next to the Fiveways roundabout on the A11 near Mildenhall.
About 100 new jobs could be created after plans were approved for a major new development at a key gateway into Norfolk.
A new petrol filling station, fast food restaurant, car rental outlet, hotel and four motor showrooms are lined up at the Fiveways site next to the Fiveways roundabout on the A11 near Mildenhall.
Pigeon Holdings has been given permission by Forest Heath District Council for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Director Richard Stanton said: "The development of the site will rejuvenate an important interchange on the A11 and the gateway into Mildenhall. This will coincide with dualling of the A11 between Fiveways and Thetford which is due to commence in 2010. The scheme will create around 100 new jobs for the area with prospective tenants including a McDonalds restaurant and Enterprise Rent-A-Car."
Will Lusty, of Savills' planning and regeneration team in Cambridge has acted as planning consultant, and he added: "Extensive negotiations took place in ensuring that the scheme met the approval of both officers and council members. A scheme of this nature will be of benefit to road users and local people alike in bringing about the regeneration of this important strategic site."
- 1 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 2 24,000 fish released into four East Anglian rivers to replenish stocks
- 3 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 4 Housing association promises action after indecent exposure incidents
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Town's virtual business awards to give boost to owners
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school