Huge fire breaks out in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Firefighters from Norfolk and Suffolk helped to tackle a huge fire in Thetford Forest.
Firefighters were called to the area of Thetford Forest, between Santon Downham and Brandon, at 2.23pm yesterday.
When they arrived, they discovered 800sq m of trees and undergrowth well alight.
Fire appliances from Thetford, Brandon, Bury, Newmarket and Ipswich, along with water carriers from Hethersett and Newmarket tackled the blaze.
The flames were out by 8.30pm, with firefighters then dampening down the site.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear what started the fire, but Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service urged people to take extra care.
On Twitter, a spokesman said: “Due to the dry conditions we would like to urge members of the public to be extra vigilant when around forestry or heathland.”
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s