Huge fire breaks out in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Firefighters from Norfolk and Suffolk helped to tackle a huge fire in Thetford Forest.
Firefighters were called to the area of Thetford Forest, between Santon Downham and Brandon, at 2.23pm yesterday.
When they arrived, they discovered 800sq m of trees and undergrowth well alight.
Fire appliances from Thetford, Brandon, Bury, Newmarket and Ipswich, along with water carriers from Hethersett and Newmarket tackled the blaze.
The flames were out by 8.30pm, with firefighters then dampening down the site.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear what started the fire, but Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service urged people to take extra care.
On Twitter, a spokesman said: “Due to the dry conditions we would like to urge members of the public to be extra vigilant when around forestry or heathland.”
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville