Horsing about for charity fun
Horse lovers can enjoy a weekend of demonstrations, entertainment, and shopping at World Horse Welfare in Snetterton this month.
An Ethical Equine Extravaganza is being held at the charity’s Hall Farm, on Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19.
The event will give horse enthusiasts up-to-date knowledge on subjects such as performance and health of horse and rider, long-term soundness and developing communication techniques. There will be lectures from professional sports and remedial therapist Gillian Higgins, from Horses Inside Out, Becky Chapman who is an equine biomechanics coach, and Dr Diana Hodgkins from Pegasus Motion Analysis.
A percentage of the gate receipts will be donated to World Horse Welfare and there will also be a parade of the charity’s horses ready for re-homing during the weekend.
Visit www.worldhorsewelfare.org/information/hallfarmevents or www.ethicalequineextravaganza.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
The charity is also hosting a Here to Help roadshow for people with all levels of experience in horses.
Visitors will be able to learn top tips from the experts at the event at Hall Farm on September 24.
- 1 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 2 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
Project leader Samantha Chubbock, from World Horse Welfare, said: “The Here to Help days are an excellent way for horse owners and carers to learn more about the many different subjects they deal with on a daily basis.”
Tickets cost �25 each. Click on www.worldhorsewelfare.org/heretohelp for more information.