Children’s book character Highway Rat to visit forest for day of fun
- Credit: Archant
Children and families can enjoy a day of games and activities when the Highway Rat visits High Lodge at Thetford Forest.
The much-loved children’s book character - created by Julia Donaldson - will visit the forest on Saturday, July 7.
The ravenous rat, who craves buns, biscuits and all sweet thing, rides on his horse in search for sugary treats to steal.
Families are encouraged to bring a picnic and enjoy classic party games and activity sheets.
Youngsters will be able to meet Highway Rat and have their photographer taken with him.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an activity trail and an activity containing a Highway Rat mask, stickers of the Highway Rat characters, a pencil and a crayon, can be bought at the site’s cafe for £3.
A free party pack for the day can also be downloaded from the Forestry Commission website.
The event will take place from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs