Help needed to raise aspirations in Thetford
People who could help out by leading a session aimed at raising the aspirations of young people are urged to get in touch following the launch of a new scheme.
The A*spire project, funded by Children in Need for three years and delivered by Keystone Development Trust, is an open-access, free monthly event for 9-15-year-olds.
Each month a local professional is invited to lead a fun, inclusive two-hour workshop, with activities based around their occupation or area of expertise.
A*spire project coordinator for Keystone Development Trust, Kay Salisbury, said: “By introducing young people in Thetford to local adults who are successful in their fields, we aim to broaden horizons and encourage aspiration and ambition.
“We believe the experiences offered by A*spire will make a lasting impression on young people at a crucial time in their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions take place at the Abbey Neighbourhood Centre in Thetford on the last Saturday of each month from 3pm to 5pm.
For more information or to lead a session contact Kay Salisbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change