Help needed to raise aspirations in Thetford
People who could help out by leading a session aimed at raising the aspirations of young people are urged to get in touch following the launch of a new scheme.
The A*spire project, funded by Children in Need for three years and delivered by Keystone Development Trust, is an open-access, free monthly event for 9-15-year-olds.
Each month a local professional is invited to lead a fun, inclusive two-hour workshop, with activities based around their occupation or area of expertise.
A*spire project coordinator for Keystone Development Trust, Kay Salisbury, said: “By introducing young people in Thetford to local adults who are successful in their fields, we aim to broaden horizons and encourage aspiration and ambition.
“We believe the experiences offered by A*spire will make a lasting impression on young people at a crucial time in their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions take place at the Abbey Neighbourhood Centre in Thetford on the last Saturday of each month from 3pm to 5pm.
For more information or to lead a session contact Kay Salisbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 10 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack