Forest fires, traffic chaos and plenty of ice cream: East Anglian heatwaves through the years
As we experience the hottest July day in the region on record it's timely to look back on heatwaves past.
With the help of our Local Recall archives and picture libraries we've been able to put together a picture of how the region sizzled from 1901 to present day.
Click through our interactive story to view excerpts from this newspapers heatwave reports starting from over 100 years ago and enjoy our gallery of historic photos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 2 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 3 Woman in 80s suffers 'life-changing' injuries in collision
- 4 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Man stole bicycle from outside town shop
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot