Public get to choose design of town’s new outdoor gym
- Credit: Thetford Town Council
People are being given the chance to have their say on plans for an outdoor gym in a Thetford park.
Thetford Town Council is seeking the views of members of the public on four short-listed designs for the proposed trim trail and fitness area at Castle Park.
Earlier this year the council sought designs from companies for the project to be built by December and designed to help people, including those with restricted mobility, to get fit.
People can now comment online on the four options that include pieces of equipment ranging from vault bars to cycle bikes, chest press and pull down machines and equipment to improve cardiovascular health. The plans will also be on display at the river day on Saturday, July 20.
A similar trim trail was built at Thetford rugby club in 2017 with seven pieces of equipment designed to strengthen the upper and lower body and improve co-ordination.
You may also want to watch:
Have your say on the four designs:
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust