Public get to choose design of town’s new outdoor gym
- Credit: Thetford Town Council
People are being given the chance to have their say on plans for an outdoor gym in a Thetford park.
Thetford Town Council is seeking the views of members of the public on four short-listed designs for the proposed trim trail and fitness area at Castle Park.
Earlier this year the council sought designs from companies for the project to be built by December and designed to help people, including those with restricted mobility, to get fit.
People can now comment online on the four options that include pieces of equipment ranging from vault bars to cycle bikes, chest press and pull down machines and equipment to improve cardiovascular health. The plans will also be on display at the river day on Saturday, July 20.
A similar trim trail was built at Thetford rugby club in 2017 with seven pieces of equipment designed to strengthen the upper and lower body and improve co-ordination.
You may also want to watch:
Have your say on the four designs:
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 7 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 8 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 9 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 10 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently