Public get to choose design of town’s new outdoor gym
- Credit: Thetford Town Council
People are being given the chance to have their say on plans for an outdoor gym in a Thetford park.
Thetford Town Council is seeking the views of members of the public on four short-listed designs for the proposed trim trail and fitness area at Castle Park.
Earlier this year the council sought designs from companies for the project to be built by December and designed to help people, including those with restricted mobility, to get fit.
People can now comment online on the four options that include pieces of equipment ranging from vault bars to cycle bikes, chest press and pull down machines and equipment to improve cardiovascular health. The plans will also be on display at the river day on Saturday, July 20.
A similar trim trail was built at Thetford rugby club in 2017 with seven pieces of equipment designed to strengthen the upper and lower body and improve co-ordination.
You may also want to watch:
Have your say on the four designs:
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital