Go Ape at Thetford Forest raises money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Go Ape, based at High Lodge in Thetford Forest, has presented a children’s charity with £1,612 following a year of fundraising.
Staff at Go Ape chose East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) to be their charity of 2017.
They held cake sales and on-site competitions to raise the money, and also showed their support by hosting a group of families supported by the charity for a day in June.
Victoria Herbert, Go Ape site manager, said: “The team unanimously voted to support EACH as their charity for 2017 after hearing about its work.
“Everyone got into the fundraising spirit, with many evenings spent baking biscuits and cake decorating.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also lovely to be able to spend time chatting to families who visited us and to feel like we were doing something to help.”
EACH cares for more than 360 children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 10 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats