Go Ape at Thetford Forest raises money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Go Ape, based at High Lodge in Thetford Forest, has presented a children’s charity with £1,612 following a year of fundraising.
Staff at Go Ape chose East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) to be their charity of 2017.
They held cake sales and on-site competitions to raise the money, and also showed their support by hosting a group of families supported by the charity for a day in June.
Victoria Herbert, Go Ape site manager, said: “The team unanimously voted to support EACH as their charity for 2017 after hearing about its work.
“Everyone got into the fundraising spirit, with many evenings spent baking biscuits and cake decorating.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also lovely to be able to spend time chatting to families who visited us and to feel like we were doing something to help.”
EACH cares for more than 360 children and young people with life-threatening conditions across the region.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle