Girl punched in the face by teenage boys in alleyway
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was punched in the face and attacked while she lay on the floor by two teenage boys in Thetford.
The assault, which happened at around 4.30pm on Saturday, March 2, happened in an alleyway off Raleigh Way, Thetford which leads to a footbridge over the railway.
Officers said the girl was walking past two teenage boys when she was punched in the face causing her to fall to the floor. Norfolk Police say the attack continued as she lay on the ground.
The victim suffered minor injuries to her wrists during the attack but managed to escape from the two suspects and fled the scene.
One suspect is described as mixed race, around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 9ins tall, wearing a black baseball hat, a black hoody, and black jogging bottoms with blue trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The other is described as also wearing a block hoody, light blue jeans, steel toe cap tan-coloured boots and a silver necklace.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “Officers are keen to hear from anybody who was in the area at the time, including a woman with a pushchair who passed the victim on the footbridge.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 5 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success
“Witnesses or anybody with information should contact PC Kathryn Archer at Thetford Police Station on 101. Alternatively, they can telephone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”