Girl punched in the face by teenage boys in alleyway
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl was punched in the face and attacked while she lay on the floor by two teenage boys in Thetford.
The assault, which happened at around 4.30pm on Saturday, March 2, happened in an alleyway off Raleigh Way, Thetford which leads to a footbridge over the railway.
Officers said the girl was walking past two teenage boys when she was punched in the face causing her to fall to the floor. Norfolk Police say the attack continued as she lay on the ground.
The victim suffered minor injuries to her wrists during the attack but managed to escape from the two suspects and fled the scene.
One suspect is described as mixed race, around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 9ins tall, wearing a black baseball hat, a black hoody, and black jogging bottoms with blue trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The other is described as also wearing a block hoody, light blue jeans, steel toe cap tan-coloured boots and a silver necklace.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “Officers are keen to hear from anybody who was in the area at the time, including a woman with a pushchair who passed the victim on the footbridge.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
“Witnesses or anybody with information should contact PC Kathryn Archer at Thetford Police Station on 101. Alternatively, they can telephone Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”