Get sporty with Breckland
Sporting opportunities will be available to young people aged between 14 and 25 in Breckland inspired by the British Olympic successes.
Breckland Council’s 2012 Olympic Legacy Sportivate courses will run during November and December in Swaffham, Watton, Thetford and Attleborough, in partnership with Active Norfolk and local schools, clubs and activity providers.
Young people inspired by Britain’s cycling success can try out the ‘Virtual Velodrome’, an extensive workout where young people can pit their wits against the world’s finest cyclists in virtual on-screen races. Other courses include boxing, archery, table tennis, dodgeball and trampolining.
There are six sessions for each sport and participants can attend as many of these as they wish. The cost is �2.50 per session and anyone attending five of the six sessions will be entered into a prize draw to win a �30 Amazon voucher.
Lynda Turner, Breckland Council executive member for localism, community and environmental services, said “This particular age group has been identified by Sport England as the stage during which the most people drop out of sports activities. Thanks to the Olympic legacy, we have a new generation who have been inspired by British success and are keen to take up a sport. We want to build on this and these courses offer our younger residents an opportunity to try out a range of new sports at affordable prices.”
For more information about the courses, call Stefan Clifford on 01362 656870 or look for sports information on the Communities pages of the Breckland Council website www.breckland.gov.uk.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford