Get in swim for charity - plea
Charity swimmers are being urged to make a splash next month to help raise funds for a children's hospice.East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at Quidenham has joined up with the Waterworld swimming pool in Thetford for the Swim for Kids event.
Charity swimmers are being urged to make a splash next month to help raise funds for a children's hospice.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) at Quidenham has joined up with the Waterworld swimming pool in Thetford for the Swim for Kids event.
Participants will be able to take part in the swimathon for free at the pool in Croxton Road, which will take place on October 1, 8 and 15.
Simon Hempsall from EACH said: “As much as 75pc of our income comes from voluntary public donations, so support from companies like Waterworld is so important. Swim for Kids is a great opportunity to make a splash and have fun whilst raising money to make a big difference to children and families who need the care and support offered by a children's hospice.”
You may also want to watch:
To register for Swim for Kids, contact Sue Meader on 01953 715559.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash