Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.