Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.