Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 4 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.