Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.