Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
- Credit: Archant
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
- 1 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 2 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.