Police cordon around block of flats after gas leak
PUBLISHED: 14:40 11 September 2019 | UPDATED: 14:40 11 September 2019
A cordon was placed around a block of flats after a gas leak.
Emergency services were called to Chalk Close, Thetford, after residents reported smelling gas.
Two units from Thetford fire station arrived at the scene at 12.50pm on Wednesday, September 9 and gained entry to the property.
Police maintained a cordon around the home for public safety.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service were on hand and treated two people for gas inhalation.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Thetford Team 3 have just attended Chalk Close, Thetford to reports of a gas leak in a block of flats.
"Assisted by Norfolk fire and East England Ambulance service, all occupants accounted for with two people treated for minor gas inhalation.
"Remember to switch off the gas."
The fire crews then ventilated the building and left the scene at about 1.15pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Thetford and Brandon Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.