Gardening group will bring together women from different communities
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new gardening group which aims to bring women from different communities together is being held in Thetford.
Urbagri4women is being run by GYROS, a migrant support charity based in Great Yarmouth, and is being supported by Thetford-based charity Keystone Development Trust.
The project aims to bring women together to engage in gardening as a social enterprise, with a training programme embedded.
All are welcome to join the group, and Urbagri4women are particularly looking to work with members of the town’s migrant communities.
The group is part of a larger international project co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will run from 10am until 2pm every Friday at Riversdale Centre and will include lunch.
For more information call 01842 764647 or visit Riversdale Centre on Facebook.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results