Gardening group will bring together women from different communities
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new gardening group which aims to bring women from different communities together is being held in Thetford.
Urbagri4women is being run by GYROS, a migrant support charity based in Great Yarmouth, and is being supported by Thetford-based charity Keystone Development Trust.
The project aims to bring women together to engage in gardening as a social enterprise, with a training programme embedded.
All are welcome to join the group, and Urbagri4women are particularly looking to work with members of the town’s migrant communities.
The group is part of a larger international project co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will run from 10am until 2pm every Friday at Riversdale Centre and will include lunch.
For more information call 01842 764647 or visit Riversdale Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns