Gardening group will bring together women from different communities
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new gardening group which aims to bring women from different communities together is being held in Thetford.
Urbagri4women is being run by GYROS, a migrant support charity based in Great Yarmouth, and is being supported by Thetford-based charity Keystone Development Trust.
The project aims to bring women together to engage in gardening as a social enterprise, with a training programme embedded.
All are welcome to join the group, and Urbagri4women are particularly looking to work with members of the town’s migrant communities.
The group is part of a larger international project co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will run from 10am until 2pm every Friday at Riversdale Centre and will include lunch.
For more information call 01842 764647 or visit Riversdale Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack