Gardening group will bring together women from different communities
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new gardening group which aims to bring women from different communities together is being held in Thetford.
Urbagri4women is being run by GYROS, a migrant support charity based in Great Yarmouth, and is being supported by Thetford-based charity Keystone Development Trust.
The project aims to bring women together to engage in gardening as a social enterprise, with a training programme embedded.
All are welcome to join the group, and Urbagri4women are particularly looking to work with members of the town’s migrant communities.
The group is part of a larger international project co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will run from 10am until 2pm every Friday at Riversdale Centre and will include lunch.
For more information call 01842 764647 or visit Riversdale Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 2 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 6 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 7 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 10 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash