Gardening group will bring together women from different communities
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A new gardening group which aims to bring women from different communities together is being held in Thetford.
Urbagri4women is being run by GYROS, a migrant support charity based in Great Yarmouth, and is being supported by Thetford-based charity Keystone Development Trust.
The project aims to bring women together to engage in gardening as a social enterprise, with a training programme embedded.
All are welcome to join the group, and Urbagri4women are particularly looking to work with members of the town’s migrant communities.
The group is part of a larger international project co-funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Union.
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will run from 10am until 2pm every Friday at Riversdale Centre and will include lunch.
For more information call 01842 764647 or visit Riversdale Centre on Facebook.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales