Fund-raising Carolling Day seeks voices to join the choir in Thetford
- Credit: Lucy taylor
Voices will again be raised in Christmas song on Monday as the Thetford Voices Carolling Day takes place.
Young singers aged from six to 16 are being sought to lend their voice to the chorus in a concert and performances around the town.
The day will begin at Williamson Hall at Thetford Grammar School for rehearsals, before an afternoon travelling by coach to perform in residential homes across Thetford.
Singers are invited to meet at the Hall from 11.30am.
The day will end with a concert at St Peter’s Church at 6.30pm, performing for families, friends and guests. The concert will be the first such performance in the newly refurbished building in White Hart Street.
You may also want to watch:
Collections will be made throughout the day for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice.
There is no charge for the day, made possible through the support of Thetford Grammar School, Coach Services of Thetford and Thetford Town Council.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
For more information, contact email@example.com