Norfolk charity celebrates helping 50 people get back into work
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk charity is celebrating after it helped get 50 people back into a work environment.
Full Steam Ahead at Charles Burrell Centre, Thetford, is a community based project helping people secure work opportunities.
It recently secured its 30th participant into full-time employment and helped a further 20 get work experience in a range of industries.
Lyn Keane, project manager for Full Steam Ahead said; "We're very pleased to have been able to support so many people over the past year and we're looking forward to the next 12 months."
Support provided includes practical work experience opportunities, training provision, mentoring and help with job application forms and CV writing
Full Steam Ahead is funded through the LIFT scheme, financed by the European Social Fund and administered by Norfolk County Council.
For more information about Full Steam Ahead email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 4 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 5 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 6 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 7 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Person taken to hospital after farm vehicle crashes into wall
- 10 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days