Free entry to Thetford’s Ancient House Museum with library card
- Credit: Archant
Thetford’s Ancient House Museum is joining forces with Thetford Library and the British Library to offer free entry.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, visitors to the museum can show their library card during half-term and enter the museum for free.
Visitors can follow a magical witch mark trail with a free prize at the end or they can experience the museum’s Meet the Tudor event.
Free entry with a Norfolk library card is valid until Saturday, October 28.
Kathryn Knock, museum learning assistant, said: “We are delighted to work with our colleagues at the Library to offer such fun and accessible activities for families during half term.
You may also want to watch:
“All our activities are inside, so it’s an easy way to entertain the kids on a cold and wet autumnal day.”
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 6 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Jail for man who attacked partner while she watched TV in bed
Other events over the half term include the museum’s Mini Museum Club. From 10.30am until 11.30 under-5s and their families and friends are able to work together explore the museum, try crafts and sing songs.
The theme on Thursday will be dinosaurs and there is a 50p charge per child.
Hallowe’en House will take place on Friday where there will be the opportunity to hear spooky stories and have a go at ghostly crafts and discover the museum after dark.
The charge for the event, on Friday, is £4 and will run from 5pm until 7.30pm.
Booking is essential, call 01842 752599 or email email@example.com