Free entry to Thetford’s Ancient House Museum with library card
- Credit: Archant
Thetford’s Ancient House Museum is joining forces with Thetford Library and the British Library to offer free entry.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, visitors to the museum can show their library card during half-term and enter the museum for free.
Visitors can follow a magical witch mark trail with a free prize at the end or they can experience the museum’s Meet the Tudor event.
Free entry with a Norfolk library card is valid until Saturday, October 28.
Kathryn Knock, museum learning assistant, said: “We are delighted to work with our colleagues at the Library to offer such fun and accessible activities for families during half term.
You may also want to watch:
“All our activities are inside, so it’s an easy way to entertain the kids on a cold and wet autumnal day.”
The museum is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am until 4pm.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Other events over the half term include the museum’s Mini Museum Club. From 10.30am until 11.30 under-5s and their families and friends are able to work together explore the museum, try crafts and sing songs.
The theme on Thursday will be dinosaurs and there is a 50p charge per child.
Hallowe’en House will take place on Friday where there will be the opportunity to hear spooky stories and have a go at ghostly crafts and discover the museum after dark.
The charge for the event, on Friday, is £4 and will run from 5pm until 7.30pm.
Booking is essential, call 01842 752599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org