Former Thetford tanning salon could be turned into tackle shop
A former tanning salon in Thetford could be transformed into a fishing tackle store under new plans submitted to Breckland Council.
The applicant, David Spurrier, is seeking change of use planning permission so he can set up shop in Guildhall Street.
If the plans are approved, the new shop could create three full-time jobs and one part-time position.
In a letter supporting the application, Mr Spurrier states: “I will be selling only brand recognised and established names, a facility not offered in Thetford for as long as I can remember. I will also sell bait, again brand recognised names only.
“To support this store I will have an e-commerce site with a page dedicated to store-deals only. I feel this will bring more people to the town and my shop.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland is expected to make its decision by February 24.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
- 10 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack