Former Thetford tanning salon could be turned into tackle shop
A former tanning salon in Thetford could be transformed into a fishing tackle store under new plans submitted to Breckland Council.
The applicant, David Spurrier, is seeking change of use planning permission so he can set up shop in Guildhall Street.
If the plans are approved, the new shop could create three full-time jobs and one part-time position.
In a letter supporting the application, Mr Spurrier states: “I will be selling only brand recognised and established names, a facility not offered in Thetford for as long as I can remember. I will also sell bait, again brand recognised names only.
“To support this store I will have an e-commerce site with a page dedicated to store-deals only. I feel this will bring more people to the town and my shop.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland is expected to make its decision by February 24.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 5 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 6 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 7 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney