Former Thetford tanning salon could be turned into tackle shop
A former tanning salon in Thetford could be transformed into a fishing tackle store under new plans submitted to Breckland Council.
The applicant, David Spurrier, is seeking change of use planning permission so he can set up shop in Guildhall Street.
If the plans are approved, the new shop could create three full-time jobs and one part-time position.
In a letter supporting the application, Mr Spurrier states: “I will be selling only brand recognised and established names, a facility not offered in Thetford for as long as I can remember. I will also sell bait, again brand recognised names only.
“To support this store I will have an e-commerce site with a page dedicated to store-deals only. I feel this will bring more people to the town and my shop.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland is expected to make its decision by February 24.
- 1 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 2 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 3 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 9 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider