Former Thetford tanning salon could be turned into tackle shop
A former tanning salon in Thetford could be transformed into a fishing tackle store under new plans submitted to Breckland Council.
The applicant, David Spurrier, is seeking change of use planning permission so he can set up shop in Guildhall Street.
If the plans are approved, the new shop could create three full-time jobs and one part-time position.
In a letter supporting the application, Mr Spurrier states: “I will be selling only brand recognised and established names, a facility not offered in Thetford for as long as I can remember. I will also sell bait, again brand recognised names only.
“To support this store I will have an e-commerce site with a page dedicated to store-deals only. I feel this will bring more people to the town and my shop.”
You may also want to watch:
Breckland is expected to make its decision by February 24.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 4 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 7 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 8 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 Norfolk MPs visit primary schools to hear pupils' lockdown experiences