Firefighters called to forest fire off A11
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have brought a forestry fire off the A11 near Elveden under control.
The blaze was reported at 3.55pm and off the northbound A11 in the Thetford direction.
At 4.25pm the blaze was reported to be under control, with three crews remaining at the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said early reports indicate 50sqm of Thetford Forest was alight.
Four crews were on scene and were using jets and the misting unit to bring the fire under control.
You may also want to watch:
Three of the crews were from Suffolk, and one from Norfolk.
A spokesman for the Suffolk emergency services said that it was too early at this time to know what the cause of the fire was.
- 1 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 2 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort