Firefighters called to forest fire off A11
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have brought a forestry fire off the A11 near Elveden under control.
The blaze was reported at 3.55pm and off the northbound A11 in the Thetford direction.
At 4.25pm the blaze was reported to be under control, with three crews remaining at the scene.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said early reports indicate 50sqm of Thetford Forest was alight.
Four crews were on scene and were using jets and the misting unit to bring the fire under control.
You may also want to watch:
Three of the crews were from Suffolk, and one from Norfolk.
A spokesman for the Suffolk emergency services said that it was too early at this time to know what the cause of the fire was.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters