Footways to be installed along sections of two roads in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
New sections of footways are being installed to provide a safe route along sections of two roads in a Breckland town.
Work on a new footway on Nuns’ Bridges Road in Thetford will start on January 8 and is set to last one week.
It will be installed on the section of land between Nunnery Place and Nunnery Drive on the south side of the carriageway.
Traffic will be controlled by two way traffic signals for the duration of this work.
On January 15 a new footway will be installed on a section of land near the junction of Old Market Street with Ford Street on the north-west side of the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
It is set to take a week to complete.
The schemes are being carried out following successful bids by Thetford Town Council for match funding through Norfolk County Council’s Parish Partnership scheme.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
The improvements will cost £12,000.