Football match and fun day in Thetford will raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A day for the family with a touch of competitive fun in Thetford will raise money for charity.
Thetford Rovers Football Club and the Black Horse pub have teamed up again to host their annual fun day on Sunday.
The day will raise money for the football club and will benefit St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Ed Sheridan, of Thetford Rovers, said: “This is an annual event organised to raise funds for the football club and a local charity or good cause this year we have chosen the hospice in memory of a local man who passed away. As a mark of respect and in his memory money will be split to both club and charity.”
The day will kick-off at 10.45am with a match at Euston Park, which will see current players from Thetford Rovers pitted against a veteran’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The fun will move to the Magdalen Street pub from 12.30pm, where there will be live music, a barbecue and plenty of activities.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 5 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 10 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'