Football match and fun day in Thetford will raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A day for the family with a touch of competitive fun in Thetford will raise money for charity.
Thetford Rovers Football Club and the Black Horse pub have teamed up again to host their annual fun day on Sunday.
The day will raise money for the football club and will benefit St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Ed Sheridan, of Thetford Rovers, said: “This is an annual event organised to raise funds for the football club and a local charity or good cause this year we have chosen the hospice in memory of a local man who passed away. As a mark of respect and in his memory money will be split to both club and charity.”
The day will kick-off at 10.45am with a match at Euston Park, which will see current players from Thetford Rovers pitted against a veteran’s team.
You may also want to watch:
The fun will move to the Magdalen Street pub from 12.30pm, where there will be live music, a barbecue and plenty of activities.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England