Football match and fun day in Thetford will raise money for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A day for the family with a touch of competitive fun in Thetford will raise money for charity.
Thetford Rovers Football Club and the Black Horse pub have teamed up again to host their annual fun day on Sunday.
The day will raise money for the football club and will benefit St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Ed Sheridan, of Thetford Rovers, said: “This is an annual event organised to raise funds for the football club and a local charity or good cause this year we have chosen the hospice in memory of a local man who passed away. As a mark of respect and in his memory money will be split to both club and charity.”
The day will kick-off at 10.45am with a match at Euston Park, which will see current players from Thetford Rovers pitted against a veteran’s team.
The fun will move to the Magdalen Street pub from 12.30pm, where there will be live music, a barbecue and plenty of activities.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations