‘The car park is not a recycling centre’- flytipper dumps fridges and mattress
- Credit: Archant
Flytippers have been warned to dispose and recycle waste correctly or face a fine.
Breckland Council made the warning after rubbish, including a fridge, freezer and mattress, were left in Breckland House car park in Thetford.
A spokesman said: "We would also like to make Breckland residents aware that Breckland House Car Park in Thetford is not a recycling centre/waste collection point and the waste bins provided in that car park are for selected residents living above Minstergate House on White Hart Street only."
The council has been cracking down on flytipping in the district with multiple fines handed out.
A spokesman added: "Anyone else leaving waste in that area will be charged with fly tipping.
You may also want to watch:
"We are currently investigating a number of fly tips in that area and using CCTV to track down those responsible."
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park