‘The car park is not a recycling centre’- flytipper dumps fridges and mattress
- Credit: Archant
Flytippers have been warned to dispose and recycle waste correctly or face a fine.
Breckland Council made the warning after rubbish, including a fridge, freezer and mattress, were left in Breckland House car park in Thetford.
A spokesman said: "We would also like to make Breckland residents aware that Breckland House Car Park in Thetford is not a recycling centre/waste collection point and the waste bins provided in that car park are for selected residents living above Minstergate House on White Hart Street only."
The council has been cracking down on flytipping in the district with multiple fines handed out.
A spokesman added: "Anyone else leaving waste in that area will be charged with fly tipping.
You may also want to watch:
"We are currently investigating a number of fly tips in that area and using CCTV to track down those responsible."
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall