‘The car park is not a recycling centre’- flytipper dumps fridges and mattress
- Credit: Archant
Flytippers have been warned to dispose and recycle waste correctly or face a fine.
Breckland Council made the warning after rubbish, including a fridge, freezer and mattress, were left in Breckland House car park in Thetford.
A spokesman said: "We would also like to make Breckland residents aware that Breckland House Car Park in Thetford is not a recycling centre/waste collection point and the waste bins provided in that car park are for selected residents living above Minstergate House on White Hart Street only."
The council has been cracking down on flytipping in the district with multiple fines handed out.
A spokesman added: "Anyone else leaving waste in that area will be charged with fly tipping.
You may also want to watch:
"We are currently investigating a number of fly tips in that area and using CCTV to track down those responsible."
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?