Flood alerts issued in parts of Norfolk as more rainfall predicted
- Credit: gov.uk
Families have been warned to expect flooding as more rainfall hits the county.
Alerts are in place for the Little Ouse River and River Thet, in Thetford, as Norfolk sees further rainfall despite missing the most of Storm Jorge.
River levels remain high at the Redbridge river gauge with more rainfall forecast over the next 24 hours.
Residents living near to the rivers are being advised to take care on riverside roads and footpaths.
On its flood information service online, gov.uk, it said: "We expect river levels to remain high for the next 24 hours. We are closely monitoring the situation.
You may also want to watch:
"Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses and plan driving routes to avoid low lying roads near rivers, which may be flooded."
It comes as parts of the country are expected to face 70mph winds and heavy rain from Storm Jorge.
For more information go to https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/052WAFLOT.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'