Flagship warehouse plan backed
The first stage of a new business park in Thetford has been given the green light.Century Logistics was granted planning permission on Monday to build a new warehouse and distribu-tion facility on greenfield land near its Brunel Way headquarters.
The first stage of a new business park in Thetford has been given the green light.
Century Logistics was granted planning permission on Monday to build a new warehouse and distribu-tion facility on greenfield land near its Brunel Way headquarters.
The almost 10-acre site, which has been identified for commercial use since 1989, will create 12,660 sq m of new space for the logistics firm and form part of the Thetford Enterprise Park.
The 44-acre business park and hotel development currently has outline planning permission and has funding to cover its infrastructure costs. Temporary access for the Century Logistics project is set to be created off Brunel Way until the main access road for the enterprise park is constructed.
Stephen Basey Fisher, managing director of Century Logistics, said: “It is a flagship facility and it is a significant development for Thetford and Breckland.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 3 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 4 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 5 Thetford-based haulier win national award following industry challenges
- 6 'Everyone is so excited': American sweet shop set to open in Thetford
- 7 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 8 Burglar jailed and labelled 'despicable' for betraying family who helped him
- 9 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 10 Cannabis producer told he could face jail