Five things to do in Breckland this weekend
- Credit: Archant
With temperatures set to reach 20c this weekend here is a quick guide of events and ideas to help you make the most of the sunny weather.
High Lodge in Thetford Forest
An interactive trail is bringing the Gruffalo and other characters from the much-loved books to life.
The Gruffalo Spotter app will allow youngsters to follow clues through the forest which will lead to five different footprint markers in the forest.
When the markers are spotted a person can point their phone camera at them which uses the app to bring the characters to life with them appearing to blend in within the forest.
For more information click here
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Park Run
A good way to get healthy and make new friends.
- 1 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 2 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 3 Couple caught at dawn dumping waste in forest
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Symptom-free Covid testing sites set to open in Thetford
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
The Park Run is held every Saturday at 9am and starts at Abbey Meadows, near Thetford Priory.
The free 5km is for anyone of any ability.
There is also a Brandon Park Run held at Brandon Country Park at 9am on Saturday.
More information can be found here
The ancient wood, near Watton, is the alleged site of the ‘Babes in the Wood’ legend and is the perfect place to stroll on a warm day and enjoy the sounds of the woodland birds.
The Norfolk Wildlife Trust site has a mix of tree species including hazel, oak and ash - perfect for a bit of shade.
More than 125 species of flowering plant have been recorded - maybe you can spot some bluebells or yellow archangel.
Visit Norfolk Wildlife Trust for more information
Brandon Country Park
If biking is your thing than take in the beautiful blue skies and scenery as you ride the eight-and-a-half mile trail through the heart of Thetford Forest. Fun for all the family, the ride consists of well-marked wide paths, narrow tracks and undulating drives.
And after all that biking, why not stop by the visitor centre and try one of the many cakes at the Copper Beech Tearoom.
For more details click here
Thetford Gamescon 2017
It may be an indoor event but if you’re a keen gamer than Thetford is the place for you.
On Saturday a gaming convention will be taking place at Carnegie Room from 10am to 5pm.
Gamers from across the region will be attending and there will be retro games consoles, tabletop gaming and competitions.
Tickets can be bought here