Major festival announces first acts for 2022
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Red Rooster Festival, which is a celebration of blues and country music, is returning in 2022 and the first names on the line-up have been announced.
It takes place at Euston Hall, near Thetford, on the Norfolk and Suffolk border and next year it runs from Thursday, June 2 until Saturday, June 4.
The Grammy-nominated North Mississippi Allstars, formed by brothers Luther and Cody Dickinson in 1996, have been confirmed.
Joining them will be singer-songwriter and blues guitarist Cedric Burnside, while Robert Finley will bring a masterclass in rhythm and blues.
Straight out of Saskatoon, Canada, The Sheepdogs will make their Rooster debut and San Francisco’s Chuck Prophet and The Mission Express will play the main stage in 2022.
Also joining them on the bill is Elles Bailey, Danny George Wilson, Sister Suzie, Dom Pipkin & The Ikos and Eddie Pillar.
Weekend camping tickets cost £109.50 (plus booking fee), teens are £50 and under-12s are free — book at redrooster.org.uk
- 1 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 6 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 9 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM
- 10 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford