Fire crews attend chemical leak at primary school
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Fire crews were called to a chemical leak at a school in a Feltwell yesterday evening (Wednesday).
Five appliances, from Methwold, King’s Lynn and Downham Market, attended the incident at Edmund De Moundeford Primary School at 8.05pm.
They requested assistance from Norfolk police.
A police spokesman said it was reported that chlorine had been leaking from a barrel.
The school, which has a swimming pool, did not want to comment.
You may also want to watch:
Officers put a cordon in place around the boundary of the school but no evacuation took place.
No injuries were reported.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
Fire crews were on scene for two hours.