Fire crews attend chemical leak at primary school
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Fire crews were called to a chemical leak at a school in a Feltwell yesterday evening (Wednesday).
Five appliances, from Methwold, King’s Lynn and Downham Market, attended the incident at Edmund De Moundeford Primary School at 8.05pm.
They requested assistance from Norfolk police.
A police spokesman said it was reported that chlorine had been leaking from a barrel.
The school, which has a swimming pool, did not want to comment.
Officers put a cordon in place around the boundary of the school but no evacuation took place.
No injuries were reported.
- 1 Town centre's new café... with a difference
- 2 Case adjourned for man who admitted £80k fraud
- 3 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 4 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
- 5 Man jailed for 'planned revenge attack' on victim
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 8 Level crossing failure leaves Brandon residents 'terrified'
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Six people arrested at pig shed rave in west Norfolk
Fire crews were on scene for two hours.