Fire crews attend chemical leak at primary school
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Fire crews were called to a chemical leak at a school in a Feltwell yesterday evening (Wednesday).
Five appliances, from Methwold, King’s Lynn and Downham Market, attended the incident at Edmund De Moundeford Primary School at 8.05pm.
They requested assistance from Norfolk police.
A police spokesman said it was reported that chlorine had been leaking from a barrel.
The school, which has a swimming pool, did not want to comment.
You may also want to watch:
Officers put a cordon in place around the boundary of the school but no evacuation took place.
No injuries were reported.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 10 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
Fire crews were on scene for two hours.