Fire crews attend chemical leak at primary school
PUBLISHED: 09:25 03 May 2018 | UPDATED: 11:51 03 May 2018
Archant Norfolk Photographic © 2015
Fire crews were called to a chemical leak at a school in a Feltwell yesterday evening (Wednesday).
Five appliances, from Methwold, King’s Lynn and Downham Market, attended the incident at Edmund De Moundeford Primary School at 8.05pm.
They requested assistance from Norfolk police.
A police spokesman said it was reported that chlorine had been leaking from a barrel.
The school, which has a swimming pool, did not want to comment.
Officers put a cordon in place around the boundary of the school but no evacuation took place.
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews were on scene for two hours.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Thetford and Brandon Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.