Fire crews organise big family fun day
Fire crews in Norfolk have pulled together to organise a bigfamily fun day. Over the last few months, firefighter Rob Breen and colleagues from Thetford Fire Station have organised the day in aid of chairty.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Firefighters’ Charity and Help for Heroes will all benefit from the event on June 26 at Thetford Leisure Centre. The day will begin at 9.30am with a 5k fun run, or walk, and will see local firefighters completing the course in full firefighting kit. Members of the military will also be taking part with 20kg strapped to their backs.
Mr Breen said: “This event seems to have run away with itself. We started off with the idea of having a small event to encourage the local community to come together but, with the charities we’re supporting, we’ve had a tremendous response from people wanting to come along. Everyone at the station is really excited about the day.”
Other events include a seven-a-side football tournament, an egg throwing contest, a tug-o’-war and a sack race, a fairground, face painting, commercial and information stalls and food outlets.
In the grand ring local groups will showcase their talents and a contest will be held to find Thetford’s fittest fireman.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Clay, area fundraising manager for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “To hear how far they’ve come with this event is really inspiring.
For details search Facebook for “Thetford Fire Station Charity Family Fun Day” on Facebook.
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 3 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show