Fire crews organise big family fun day
Fire crews in Norfolk have pulled together to organise a bigfamily fun day. Over the last few months, firefighter Rob Breen and colleagues from Thetford Fire Station have organised the day in aid of chairty.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Firefighters’ Charity and Help for Heroes will all benefit from the event on June 26 at Thetford Leisure Centre. The day will begin at 9.30am with a 5k fun run, or walk, and will see local firefighters completing the course in full firefighting kit. Members of the military will also be taking part with 20kg strapped to their backs.
Mr Breen said: “This event seems to have run away with itself. We started off with the idea of having a small event to encourage the local community to come together but, with the charities we’re supporting, we’ve had a tremendous response from people wanting to come along. Everyone at the station is really excited about the day.”
Other events include a seven-a-side football tournament, an egg throwing contest, a tug-o’-war and a sack race, a fairground, face painting, commercial and information stalls and food outlets.
In the grand ring local groups will showcase their talents and a contest will be held to find Thetford’s fittest fireman.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Clay, area fundraising manager for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “To hear how far they’ve come with this event is really inspiring.
For details search Facebook for “Thetford Fire Station Charity Family Fun Day” on Facebook.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise