Fire crews organise big family fun day
Fire crews in Norfolk have pulled together to organise a bigfamily fun day. Over the last few months, firefighter Rob Breen and colleagues from Thetford Fire Station have organised the day in aid of chairty.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Firefighters’ Charity and Help for Heroes will all benefit from the event on June 26 at Thetford Leisure Centre. The day will begin at 9.30am with a 5k fun run, or walk, and will see local firefighters completing the course in full firefighting kit. Members of the military will also be taking part with 20kg strapped to their backs.
Mr Breen said: “This event seems to have run away with itself. We started off with the idea of having a small event to encourage the local community to come together but, with the charities we’re supporting, we’ve had a tremendous response from people wanting to come along. Everyone at the station is really excited about the day.”
Other events include a seven-a-side football tournament, an egg throwing contest, a tug-o’-war and a sack race, a fairground, face painting, commercial and information stalls and food outlets.
In the grand ring local groups will showcase their talents and a contest will be held to find Thetford’s fittest fireman.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Clay, area fundraising manager for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “To hear how far they’ve come with this event is really inspiring.
For details search Facebook for “Thetford Fire Station Charity Family Fun Day” on Facebook.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 8 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges