Staff praised following fire at Thetford care home
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Thetford care home have been praised after they evacuated 15 residents following a fire.
At 8pm yesterday (Thursday) a fire alarm sounded in one of the en suite bathrooms at Redgate House on Green Lane.
Five fire crews from Thetford, Watton, East Harling, Brandon and Ixworth attended the blaze at the home for those with dementia.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended and assessed three people at the scene.
They did not require transport to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Rachael Claxton, general manager of Randal Care which runs the home, said: “Praise to the fire service, police and ambulance service who attended and to our staff. They carried out a full evacuation.”
The fire was under control by 8.30pm and the residents were able to return into the care home that evening.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 8 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 9 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
A “fair bit” of damage has been caused to the en suite.