Staff praised following fire at Thetford care home
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Thetford care home have been praised after they evacuated 15 residents following a fire.
At 8pm yesterday (Thursday) a fire alarm sounded in one of the en suite bathrooms at Redgate House on Green Lane.
Five fire crews from Thetford, Watton, East Harling, Brandon and Ixworth attended the blaze at the home for those with dementia.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended and assessed three people at the scene.
They did not require transport to hospital.
Rachael Claxton, general manager of Randal Care which runs the home, said: “Praise to the fire service, police and ambulance service who attended and to our staff. They carried out a full evacuation.”
The fire was under control by 8.30pm and the residents were able to return into the care home that evening.
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 8 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 9 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 10 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
A “fair bit” of damage has been caused to the en suite.