People told to keep windows shut as dozens of firefighters fight blaze
- Credit: Thomas Chapman
People are being urged to close their windows as firefighters deal with a blaze at commercial premises in a Norfolk village.
Fire crews were called at 7.22am on Sunday to Cowle's Drove in Hockwold cum Wilton near Brandon.
A statement from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "We are currently dealing with a fire in Hockwold cum Wilton. We advise all residents in the local area to keep windows and doors closed until further notice."
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We are currently dealing with an incident at commercial premises. Eight firefighting appliances are on their way."
Police are also in attendance at the scene after being called at 7.41am.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "There are several units at the scene and have been since just after 8am. Another one is heading to the scene to try and account for what is going on."
AA Roadwatch says the fire took place at a recycling centre with several emergency vehicles at the scene.
- 1 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 2 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 3 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
Traffic is coping well despite the road being partially blocked in both directions.
More to come.